- Thank You Petzl!
A hearty thank you to Petzl for donating a 70m static rope to ACE to be used for bolt replacement efforts and reveiwing/scoping new route proposals!
Last Updated: 2014-03-06 11:07:30
- ACE Objectives and 2014 Plan
- Actively work with the park and climbing community to facilitate the identification, documentation and upgrading of fixed protection.
- Research, test and promote best practices for upgrading aging and deteriorating fixed protection.
- Facilitate the establishment of new routes requiring fixed gear and changes/upgrades/additions of fixed gear to existing routes through the Fixed Hardware Review process.
- Support the maintenance and construction of climbing approach trails. *
- Maintain positive relationship and open communication with park staff and greater climbing community, addressing issues as they arise.
ACE 2014 Plan
- Hold fixed hardware workshop in Eldo in cooperation with the Park
- Target date in Fall, 2014
- Identify standard/preferred protection bolt and anchor bolts/set
- Create instructional video(s) and written instructions to demonstrate best practices for bolt placement and removal
- Support ACE’s ongoing bolt replacement program
- Provide Park with supply of bolts for new routes and replacement for the community’s use in Eldo and inform the public that they are available
- Maintain adequate inventory of bolts and anchors
- Maintain and upgrade, as needed, ACE’s bolt removal and placement tools (drill, batteries, extraction tools, etc.)
- Create more user friendly website
- Include blog-like update ability, particularly for hosting Eldo-centric fixed hardware replacement videos and files
- Easier viewing, voting and commenting
- Email marketing
- Cleaned up, spam-protected database of users
- Update FHRC guidelines
- Vote more than twice per year?
- Add installation deadlines for new routes and anchors
- Update other sections as needed
* The Park recently received two grants for trail work totalling $50,000. So although one of ACE’s objectives remains to support trail maintenance and construction in the Park, this year ACE will focus its efforts elsewhere and return to trail work assistance in the future.
Last Updated: 2014-02-13 12:58:12
- Rattlesnake Ramble Postponed
Due to the massive flooding. No date rescheduled yet.nCreated By: Stefan Griebel
Last Updated: 2014-02-12 23:57:21
- Eldorado Canyon Closed Until Further Notice
The park is currently closed due to flooding and potential unsafe conditions. Check with the Eldorado Canyon State Park web page for current status.nCreated By: Byron Murray
Last Updated: 2014-02-12 23:57:02
- Flood Disaster Donations for Eldo
Eldorado Canyon State Park was the scene of much carnage as historical flooding ran it's course September 9th - 13th, 2013. Park roads, facilities, and trails are all in need of repairs. ACE is now accepting donations to fund trail work and other repairs in Eldo. We are a registered 501c3 nonprofit and all donations are tax deductible.
To make a donation simply click on the "Donate" button below.
As always we will keep you abreast of Eldo volunteer clean up efforts. Please, visit our FaceBook page for the latest news.nCreated By:
Last Updated: 2014-02-12 23:56:58